The Summer Sessions: Half Price Studio Fees and More
18 July 2017
An exciting summer of skills sessions, creative inspiration and discounts for Northern Print members.
Northern Print is taking the opportunity presented by the quieter summer period to try out new ways of working in response to recent feedback from studio members and hope that we can develop new ideas about how an open access print studio can evolve.
In the survey people said that some of the barriers to using the studio more often were: cost of sessions; technical confidence and skills, inspiration and parking. As a result, we have timetabled a five-week programme giving members the opportunity to have a focused period of time in the studio to develop your skills and print work.
Throughout August we are offering:
- Half price sessions (we don’t know what the level of demand will be so at this stage we are limiting the number of half price sessions that can be booked to a maximum of 3 per week;
- Additional technical support throughout August. Please contact us to find out more details and to book this;
- Technical demonstrations and troubleshooting;
- Opportunities for artists to focus and reflect on their work including an initial ‘getting going’ session during the first week; drawing workshop; space to display work in progress in the corridor gallery and a final week feedback session.
- A drawing for printmaking workshop with artist Robert Soden;
- Bespoke Skills sessions will develop during the month in response to requests. We’d like to hear from you if there are particular aspects of a process you’d like to know more about. Please email with your suggestions or speak to Helen and Alex. Also, if you would like to volunteer to share your printmaking skills through a short demonstration please let us know.
- Free parking is available at the rear of the building on Wednesday evenings and Saturdays.
How to book: The normal booking system will be in operation so please call or email to book equipment. Session fees at the half price rate will be charged for inductions and technical sessions.
Robert Soden’s class will be charged at £9.40 for the full day and bookings will be taken on a first-come-first-served basis. If you would like to book a place on this please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 261 7000.
We will add further updates about the sessions and activities via social media so please check our facebook page for this.
Wed 2 Aug - 6 to 8pm: 'Kickstart'- an evening session to kick off the month with prints, books and have-a-go techniques to generate new ideas and plan how to use your time in the studio. (Free to attend -please call us to book.)
Friday 4 August: 'Drawing for Print' workshop from 10am to 4pm in Ouseburn Valley with artist Robert Soden - please call or email to book. We are charging session fees only for this and places are on a first come first served basis. (£9.40 for the day- please call us to book.)
Tues 8 August - 10am to 11am Technical Skills Session - focused on registration techniques led by Studio Technician Alex McIntosh
Thurs 10 August - 10am to 11am Peer-to-Peer Member's Skills Session - please contact us if you would like to volunteer to lead this. (Free to attend - please call us to book.)
Wed 16 August - 10am to 11am Technical Skills Session led by Alex McIntosh.
Friday 18 August - 10am to 11am Peer-to-Peer Member's Skills Session - please contact us if you would like to volunteer to lead this. (Free to attend - please call us to book.)
Thurs 24 August - 10am to 12 noon Technical Skills Session led by Helen Donley - focus on lasercutting.
Wednesday 30 August - 10am to 11am Peer-to-Peer Member's Skills Session -please contact us if you would like to volunteer to lead this.
Saturday 2 September: 10am to 12noon Final event with sharing of work and future plans. Includes feedback session.
Call us on 0191 261 7000 for further details, to volunteer to lead a demonstration as part of the peer-to-peer members' skills session; request specific techniques for the technical skills sessions and to book your sessions in the studio. You can also email email@example.com
If you would like to join Northern Print as a member to take advantage of The Summer Sessions please call us for details on 0191 2617000
Sign up to our newsletter
Get all the latest news about events, exhibitions, classes and prints.